Tramore Town Commsioners were established under Towns Improvement (Ireland) Act, 1854 (Tramore) Order, 1948 following a democratic vote of its residents.
A meeting of local government electors within Tramore town boundary was held on 14th January, 1948 and a resolution passed that a poll would be taken on 4th March, 1948. A majority of electors in that poll voted in favour of adopting and carrying into effect, within the town of Tramore, the provisions of the Towns Improvement Act 1854. An Order was then made by the Minister for Local Government on 1st April, 1948 applying the provisions of the 1854 Act to the town with effect from 1st December, 1948.
It was at that time the only local authority of its kind established since the formation of the state.
The first election was held on the 6th October, 1948 on foot of the Tramore Town Commissioners (Election) Order, 1948.
The first Chairman was Mr. Patrick E. Power. In 1955 the Commission purchased Tramore House and Grounds for the sum of £3,500. The House and Grounds are currently leased to Waterford County Council. The House is being used by the National Roads Authority as a Regional Road Design Office and the gardens have been restored to their former glory.
A complete list of Tramore Town Councillors is available by clicking on the link below or individual details by clicking on the names opposite.