Men in Childcare
Men in Childcare (MiC) Network
The main aim of MiC network is to work towards an increased representation of men in the childcare sector in Ireland with particular emphasis on the benefits of the child. MiC aim to achieve this by:
- Working together with existing groups and networks to maintain and improve quality in the lives of young children and in the childcare sector
- Educate and inform Irish Society and the childcare sector about the benefits of, and the necessity for gender balance in early years care and education, and lobby for change at policy level
- Informing and supporting men who maybe interestd in a career in the Childcare sector and to enable male workers in Childcare to support each other.
- Lobby for "real" political support to work towards a 5% target for men in childcare in Ireland by 2020.
- Assisting childcare centres who wish to recruit and support male childcare workers.
Further information please view
Men In Childcare (, 102 kbs)
MiC Poster (, 556 kbs)
Could it be for you? Contact Us
Text or leave a message on 087 2299208 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org.