County Waterford, Ireland
|You are here: Home > Services > Map Information > National Journey Planner|
National Journey Planner
Try the new National Journey Planner live on www.TransportforIreland.ieDate: 28 Jun 2012
Click through to the site and you will see that the National Journey Planner is unlike anything seen in Ireland before:
• It’s national – covering all 26 counties, plus stops from RoI services in Northern Ireland.
• It’s multi-operator, with bus, rail, tram, taxis and ferries included – private operators as well as the CIE companies.
• It has a huge scope, with 9,600 bus stops across Ireland included, 750 different routes, 152 train stations, and route and timetable information from 120 different transport providers.
• It gives fully mapped-out route information, printable timetables and details of overall journey times – all in one place.
• “Advanced Settings” feature allow you to set your own preferred walking time and speed, your willingness to make interchanges between services, or any preference for one travel mode over others.
Coming next on the site will be
• Real Time Passenger Information inputs.
• Rural Transport programme / demand responsive services.
• Fares information for your journey.
• Cycle planner.
We’ve set up a special feedback channel on www.TransportforIreland.ie, and we’re actively encouraging as much feedback from members of the public as we can; our special technical team is in place to use this feedback to fine-tune and improve the site further. You will also be able to find information on Accessible Travel from the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport.
back to National Journey Planner
|Add | Edit|